We will have to concentrate on curling news very soon, so, as the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness – and curling – looms, here is one more late summer look backwards.
Three more photographs from the ICA archives, all taken in March 2002 at the annual Stranraer weekend.
How many can you name?
Our Welsh Curling friends are now actively fundraising for their new ice rink.
A big initiative is the formation of a Welsh Dragon Club. This gives you the opportunity to win up to £500 twice a year – it could cover your ice fees for the season!
Please consider supporting them.
Welsh Dragon Club
- Open to members and friends of Welsh Curling
- Cost is £5 a month, payable by standing order, or £60 cheque/cash for each year
- 50% of money collected will be returned in prizes, and 50% spent on development of curling within Wales
- The Welsh Dragon Club runs from 1st Sept to 31st Aug each year, with draws in April and September
- The money raised will initially be for the development of the dedicated curling rink in Deeside and thereafter will be for the development of curling within the rink. All ideas for how the money could be spent will be welcome and encouraged and the final decision will be by the WCA committee.
Application forms will be available to download from the Welsh Curling website and will also be available during curling on Monday evenings at Deeside.
RCCC Ticket Pre-Sale Starts 10am
Le Gruyère European Curling Championships
19-26 November 2016 – intu Braehead Arena
Be part of the crowd and make some noise as Scotland welcomes over 25 nations to one of the biggest sporting events in Scotland this year!
Grab your tickets for the 2016 Le Gruyère European Curling Championships before they go on general sale this Friday.
The RCCC pre-sale starts today (Monday 5th September) at 10am. Click below to buy your tickets online from Ticketmaster.
BUY RCCC PRE-SALE TICKETS