IRELAND 11 LUXEMBOURG 5
Craig Whyte, Ireland – Photo credit WCF
A terrific run of wins, including today, has put Ireland’s men into tomorrow morning’s semi-final against Slovenia. Belgium play Slovakia in the other semi. John, Kyle, Arran and Craig have worn the green with pride and carried us all on their journey.
A win tomorrow sees them both promoted to the B League and on course for gold….or silver.
Come on Ireland!
IRELAND 6 SLOVENIA 4
IRELAND 6 ROMANIA 3
“Nailed it skipper” – Photo credit WCF
Ireland’s men are currently going great guns at the C League and on course for the podium. A two in the third and a steal of two in the fourth gave them daylight against top of the table Slovenia in the morning and a repeat in the second and third ends in tonight’s game against Romania saw them keep it tight for the win and qualification for the final stages with Belgium and Slovenia. All three countries are on a seven win – one loss record.
The boys have one round-robin game to go against Luxembourg tomorrow afternoon.
IRELAND 8 UKRAINE 2
IRELAND 11 CROATIA 2
It’s a team game…. photo credit WCF
Ireland’s men had both their games today in the bag by the fourth end and are third in the league table.
The team are outplaying most of the opposition but face top of the table Slovenia in the morning .
Come on Ireland!
IRELAND 6 BELGIUM 7
IRELAND 13 LEICHTENSTEIN 4
A narrow one-shot loss to Belgium this morning after a valiant fight back to come within a shot of the Belgians after losing a big end at the first but the Irish men strapped their shooting boots on later in the day to blast Liechtenstein off the ice 13-4.
– Craig Whyte Name
– 32 Age
– Business valuations Occupation
– Trying to get a tee time on the golf course Lockdown loath?
– A 10 second commute to work Lockdown like?
– Cairngorms Staycation destination?
– Black Coffee order?
– Mouat Best curling team to watch and learn from?
– Green socks Any competition superstitions?
– The new ICA website What will finally break the internet?
IRELAND 7 ANDORRA 3
Another solid performance from Team Ireland and a landmark game for Craig Whyte with cap number 50.
IRELAND 8 SLOVAKIA 5
Excellent win for the Irish men at the Eurp C League in Geneva.
Out of the blocks with a three at the first and keep ahead on the scoreboard to see off the Slovakian challenge.
Come on Ireland!
– John Wilson Name
– 35 Age
– Teacher of Mathematics Occupation
– In-turn In-turn or Out-turn?
– World Mixed in Aberdeen Best ever curling memory?
– Explorer / Travel photographer If you had to switch careers, what job would you do?
– YouTube Apart from the ICA, what website do you spend the most time on?
– Best – PE, Worst – French Best & worst subjects at school?
– Father Jack, Dougal, Ted and Mrs Doyle. Who’d be your four ideal dinner guests?
– being pushed down the ice, sitting on a curling stone. Earliest curling related memory?
– Perth … Great ice and easy to get to. Favourite curling destination and why?
– running (hills and roads). How do you relax away from work (and curling)?
– Ranulph Fiennes or anyone who has to carry out any feat of endurance. The person you most admire and why?
– Arran Cameron Name
– 47 and feeling it with these youngsters Age
– Civil Engineer doing too much paperwork Occupation
– Currently it’s Nefarious What is your favourite word
– The Guinness running out What’s your biggest fear
– Last gig you went to Mad Ferret Band
– The Hunt for Red October The film you can watch time and time again
– 🍺 What are you best at
– diving, cmon it’s not a sport The sport you won’t watch
– Dr. Kyle Paradis Name
– 34 Age
– University Professor in Sport Psychology at Ulster University. Occupation
– single / married / divorced / other/ – Partner – Tais Status
– No Children. Children
– 30 Years curling
– my ICA club is Belfast, back in Canada, Tam Heather and Leaside Home club and ice rink
Favourite sport outside curling
To watch – Football (Soccer) To play – Golf
– Whoever is around! Who would you really like to meet?
– Derry Girls! Favourite TV programme?
– Hawaii was great, but I have always wanted to go to Italy. Favourite holiday destination and why?
– my teammates and Eoin McCrossan who was the first person I met and talked with the ICA before moving over and welcomed me, and now he’s our president! Favourite other Irish curler and why?
– my dog, Sophie. You can save one prized possession. What is it?
– My partner, Tais. Who would you choose to be marooned on a desert island with?
– Only needs one word – lucky. Sum yourself up in five words